Online Marketing Tips for Plastic Surgery Practices
Plastic surgery’s popularity has grown by leaps and bounds over the past decade. This has led to an increasing number of surgeons joining the field resulting in increased competition for clients. Effective online marketing has become crucial for the success of a plastic surgery practice. In order to maintain a competitive edge, your online marketing strategy needs to stand out among the rest. Your plastic surgery practice needs an easy-to-navigate, engaging, and informative website. You should also take advantage of all potential internal and external marketing tools related to your website. This may include search engine optimization, social media engagement, and the assorted online marketing tools offered by Google.
Your Website is the Core of Your Online Marketing Strategy
Your online marketing strategy should revolve around your website. As such, it needs to clearly articulate what you offer potential patients and convey why your plastic surgery artistry is the best. A good rule of thumb is to keep the written content as short and sweet as possible. It should have enough detail to succinctly highlight the expertise and artistry you provide and make the reader want to learn more.
Preferably, your website should carry a conversational tone and limited medical jargon. Not only do you want to avoid overlong and confusing text, but you want to make sure that everything on each page flows seamlessly. Readers should be able to easily navigate the entire site to quickly find information relevant to their specific plastic surgery needs.
Speaking of clarity and ease of use, make sure that your website is tailored for mobile devices. More than half of all website traffic these days originates from mobile devices, which means that those websites which are not mobile-friendly are losing potential customers in droves.
An effective plastic surgery website also needs to be visually beautiful because your primary service is beautification. If your website isn’t visually appealing, then why should potential patients believe that you have the artistic surgical skills to enhance their beauty?
Make Your Website Personal!
Your website needs to foster trust and likability. The services you offer consist of surgical procedures with close and personal interactions between the surgeon and patient. With scalpels and assorted medical instruments in play, potential patients need to trust and like those who will be wielding them. In general, the plastic surgery website pages which receive the most hits other than the site’s home page is the one profiling the surgeon(s). It is imperative that this page makes a good first impression. Among elements that help personalize the surgeon are:
- Photos that toe the line between professional and casual—ones that showcase that you’re not just a doctor, but a person, too.
- Details that emphasize your education, experience, skillset, and any professional accolades you have received (and consider including your CV as a separate link.)
- A few personal details, such as spouse, children, hobbies, etc., that further bring out your humanity and charming personality.
- Video introduction—website visitors will often avoid text when they see a video. This is an excellent means of introducing yourself and highlighting all of the elements which will make potential patients believe that you are the plastic surgeon that they want to work with.
Expand Your Website’s Reach with These Online Marketing Tools
With your website beautifully showcasing your top-of-the-line surgical skills, artistry, and professional mien flavored with a likeable personality; it’s time to consider some of the tools that will help make the website rise above the competition. Consider the following for a start:
- Search engine optimization (SEO.) Everything on your website should be optimized to ensure that search engines know that your website exists. You want search engines to rank it highly in their listings so that potential patients will see the link and click on it before your competitors’ website. SEO begins with initial keyword strategizing and placement, which then needs updating through blogs and other refreshed content to maintain relevance with searches.
- Social media outreach—if your plastic surgery practice doesn’t have a social media presence, then you are missing out on at least half of your potential customer base. Social media has emerged as a primary source from which people get their day-to-day information.
- Pay per click advertising, such as Google Adwords can significantly boost website traffic. It’s basically a paid means of nudging search engines to rank your website high.
- Google My Business helps direct traffic to your website via local listings and location-based search results. While free, you need to have a Google My Business account.
If you would like to learn more about how Moxxi Marketing can develop an effective online marketing strategy that will yield significant patient response for your plastic surgery practice, contact Moxxi Marketing today. From website development to search engine optimization and from social media outreach to Google My Business, Moxxi Marketing has a proven track record of helping medical professionals create a powerful online presence. For your initial consultation contact us at 239.228.8837.