Why Video Marketing is Important to Local Businesses
If you’re reading this blog, you’re probably involved with a business that utilizes digital marketing to some degree. You undoubtedly promote your business with a website and perhaps engage with social media as part of your digital marketing strategy. But does video marketing play a role in your digital marketing strategy?
If you answered “no,” you are way behind the times. According to a recent survey by all-in-one animated video production company Wyzowl, 86% of U.S. businesses are using video as a marketing tool. Consider also that 87% of those using video marketing report that it is providing them with a positive return on investment (ROI), a 54% increase from the number reporting positive ROI from video in 2015.
Such figures shouldn’t be surprising—You have heard of “YouTube,” right? In the past decade, videos have become ubiquitous on the Internet and social media and receive so many views that it makes us wonder if anyone reads anymore. And, if you think about your own Internet surfing and social media engagement, ask yourself how many videos you’ve viewed compared to stories read. “Video is king,” say many pundits who cover issues relating to the Internet, social media, and digital marketing, so why not join the king’s realm?
What is Video Marketing?
Simple question—simple answer: a business’s use of video to promote your brand, drive sales, entertain, highlight product and service benefits, or anything else that engages your customers in a manner beneficial for your business. It’s said that a picture is worth a thousand words, which means that a 30-second video might be worth 10,000 to 40,000 words. Few customers will make the 30- to 40-minute effort it might take to read 10,000 words of marketing, but many will be willing to view a 30-sec vid.
That said, you do not want to start making feature films. In general, video marketing videos should be kept short. Customer attention spans lack patience, so you must showcase your video messaging as quickly and memorably as possible. Oh, and make sure you publish and promote your video everywhere you can, from your business website to social media and anywhere willing to place it and anyone willing to share it. Getting content to go viral is the equivalent of a grand slam home run in digital marketing.
Types of Video Marketing
Successful video marketing should focus on engagement, awareness, and education. Videos tailored for awareness help promote your brand and put it in the customer’s mind. Engaging videos do the same, but can also spur customer action. Whether to drive sales or expand brand promotion by getting the customer to like, comment, or share. As implied by the name, educationally focused videos educate customers, which helps make you a memorable thought leader within your sector—a thought leader a customer might turn to when they need a related product or service. Specific types of popular marketing videos include:
- Product/Services—Showcase specific products and/or services that customers might be interested in. These videos can cover engagement, awareness, and education and, when done right, convert sales.
- Testimonials—Let others wax poetic about your company, product, and/or services.
- Explainer—Use video to succinctly explain exactly what your business does. You can have a lot of fun with this one, too.
- Instructional—If your product comes with written instructions, why not show your customer what to do or how to do it? Remember, your business is a thought leader.
- 360 Degree Experience—Why not show customers what they might be getting into? Depending upon your business, product, and/or service, you might be able to get quite creative with this one!
- Company Culture—Highlight your brand by showcasing your unique company culture. It is unique, right?
- Q&A—Use video to answer the most frequently asked questions about a specific product or service. This can be especially engaging when the viewer realizes they didn’t think about that question.
- Live—Hosting a seminar, webinar, conference, or other events (though maybe not the company Christmas party)? Showcase it live and then use as a re-run.
- Advertisement—Whatever you can come up with that you believe might catch customer interest in your product and/or services. Yep, this is a fun one, too!
- Entertainment—Whether in advertisement form or other formats, entertaining videos can capture views, go viral, and make your brand memorable.
The Benefits of Video Marketing
We’ve already suggested the primary benefits local businesses can gain from video marketing, but let’s do a quick recap. Video marketing can:
- Increase brand awareness
- Expand your online presence
- Boost social media engagement
- Help establish your company as a thought leader
- Differentiate your business from similar companies
- Build customer trust
- Drive sales
Learn More About Video Marketing with Moxxi Marketing
If you would like to learn more about the benefits of adding video marketing to your digital marketing strategy, the online marketing experts at Moxxi Marketing would be glad to consult with you. For expertise in tailoring digital marketing strategies that produce data-driven results for local business clients, contact Moxxi Marketing today at 239.330.6236.